I completed my undergraduate degree a number of years ago, do I still have to submit references when applying for postgraduate study?



Yes, as part of the admissions criteria we require two references. These should be academic references if you have been in full time education in the last three years. Some programmes will consider one reference from your employer if this is relevant to your degree and one academic reference.

On our 'Apply Yourself' (AY) application form, you should provide details of your referees who will then be emailed directly to request a written reference.


Related Topics

Contact Us

Chat with us live

Chat with one of our friendly enquiries Team

Monday - Friday 9.00 - 4.00 (GMT)




Submit a Question

If you could not find an answer to your question then you can ask the Enquiries Team.

Your Info
Fields marked with * are required.

Terms and conditions

By submitting this form, you agree to receive further communications from the University of Liverpool. To opt out of these communications, please email our enquiries team. Any personal information you provide will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018. We will not sell, licence or trade your personal details to any third party. For more information, please see our Website Terms and Conditions of Use