QuestionWhat factors do the Dental School assess when shortlisting for interview?
The School will consider the following points:
- Academic attainments - to ensure that the minimum entry criteria is likely to be met.
- Predicted grades - for examinations / degrees still to be taken or awarded.
- Evidence of a caring attitude.
- References - these should be clearly supportive and preferably indicate that the applicant has the necessary attributes for the chosen career.
- The Personal Statement - this should indicate that the applicant has knowledge of and insight into the profession, with an emphasis on work experience/observation. The ability to write coherently is important.
Further advice on writing Personal Statements is available on the UCAS website.
- City of Liverpool
- Current Students
- English Language Centre
- Foundation Years
- Guild of Students
- Health Sciences
- Honours Select
- Liverpool in London
- Mature Students
- Open Day
- Social Media
- Study Abroad - Incoming
- Study Abroad - Outgoing
- UCAS Extra
- University Departments
Chat with us live
Chat with one of our friendly enquiries Team
Monday - Friday 9.00 - 4.00
Terms and conditionsBy submitting this form, you agree to receive further communications from the University of Liverpool. To opt out of these communications, please email our enquiries team. Any personal information you provide will be held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. We will not sell, licence or trade your personal details to any third party. For more information, please see our Website Terms and Conditions of Use.