Can I apply through UCAS without an academic reference?



No, we will need you to provide an academic reference with your UCAS application, ideally from your current school/college/university.

If you are applying to transfer from another university, you will usually need to supply a reference from one of your current tutors rather than from your previous school or college.

If you have been out of education for some time and would like to supply a work reference in place of an academic reference you will need to check that course you are applying for will accept this.

Please email us at if you require any further information about this.

Related Questions

    Contact Us

    Chat with us live

    Chat is available

    Monday - Friday 9am -4pm

    Submit a Question

    If you could not find an answer to your question then you can ask the Enquiries Team.

    Your Question
    Your Info
    Fields marked with * are required.