I want to apply for a Joint Honours degree in two Modern Languages, how does my Year Abroad work?



Students who study a Joint Honours in two Modern Languages are required to split their Year Abroad (which is compulsory) between the two countries in which the languages they study are spoken. Placements can be split, within Europe, between a combination of study, work and British Council Language Assistants under the Erasmus scheme (please note however that there are usually only short BCLA placements in Germany and Austria). It may also be possible, for students studying Spanish or Portuguese to go on exchange to our partners in Peru or Brazil.For more information, see the SOCLAS Year Abroad Gateway

Related Questions

    Contact Us

    Chat with us live

    Chat is available

    Monday - Friday 9am -4pm

    Submit a Question

    If you could not find an answer to your question then you can ask the Enquiries Team.

    Your Question
    Your Info
    Fields marked with * are required.